Many people struggle with various diseases whose chronic clinical picture can drastically change their quality of life. One of the most common diseases worldwide is diabetes.
This condition is characterized by elevated blood sugar levels. Type 1 and type 2 diabetes are socially significant diseases because more and more people are suffering from them worldwide. Doctors explain that glucose is important for the human body because it stimulates energy production. This process takes place in every cell of the human organism. Glucose also needs a sufficient amount of insulin (the hormone synthesized by what is called beta cells in the pancreas). This hormone is extremely important as it controls blood sugar levels in the body and lowers them after eating. If some of the processes mentioned above are affected, one speaks of diabetes. This chronic condition is the result of decreased insulin production in the pancreas.
Currently, the achievements of medical science allow people suffering from type 1 and type 2 diabetes to live a normal life. Special rules must be observed for this. In general, they include a healthy diet, medication, and other methods that can successfully relieve and control any uncomfortable diabetes symptoms. In the following article, we will reveal some useful information about natural herbs and useful tips that you can try to improve your health. If you want to learn more about other beauty and health topics, click here.
What is diabetes – symptoms, and details? Are there certain causes of diabetes that we can avoid by making lifestyle changes? How can a functioning type 2 treatment be ensured? Can we consume some natural products to control the disease and control blood sugar levels?
Diabetes – what is it – characteristics
The term diabetes mellitus describes a chronic metabolic-endocrine disorder, primarily of carbohydrate metabolism. It is caused by significant insulin deficiency or decreased insulin sensitivity. The chronic condition results in persistently elevated blood sugar levels (hyperglycemia) and certain acute and chronic complications. Diabetic ketoacidosis and hypoglycemia are common acute and vascular and nerve damage are the major chronic complications of the disease. In addition, explain to Physicians that diabetes affects the entire metabolism apart from carbohydrates, including proteins and fats. Although there are other types of diabetes, the colloquial term “diabetes” means mellitus because it is incomparably more common than other types. The most common forms are type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
The term comes from ancient Greek and describes diseases that are associated with an excessive loss of fluid and/or certain metabolic products via the kidneys. The etymology of the name comes from the ancient Greek word “διαβαίνω” – “to happen”. Fortunately, several organic products work that can help control blood sugar levels. In other words, there are specific dietary supplements that significantly reduce all diabetes symptoms.
Did you know?In ancient times, doctors checked for diabetes by prescribing urine samples to determine if it tasted sweet. The people who conducted the inspection were called “water tasters”. Other diagnostic measures included checking whether the urine attracted ants or flies.
Diabetes Types – Most Common Variations, Risk Factors
Diabetes mellitus is a chronic disease that manifests itself mainly through 2 specific variants. These are Type 1 and Type 2. Each of them has its characteristics and specifications that require different diabetes treatments and diets.
- Type 1 Diabetes – Type 1 diabetes is a chronic disease that affects the body’s ability to convert glucose from food into energy. In most cases, type 1 develops at an early age and is often diagnosed in childhood. The disease begins when the immune system attacks the cells in the pancreas that produce insulin, the hormone that helps convert glucose into energy for the body’s cells. Without daily insulin injections, people with type 1 diabetes could not survive.
- Type 2 Diabetes – Type 2 diabetes is a type of disease in which the patient is non-insulin dependent. Generally occurring in adulthood, this condition is a metabolic disorder characterized by high blood sugar levels, insulin resistance, and low insulin production in the body. Type 2 is different from type 1 diabetes. Classic diabetes symptoms include excessive thirst, increased hunger, and frequent urination. Type 2 diabetes accounts for 90% of diabetes cases, with the remaining 10% mainly due to type 1 diabetes. Obesity is considered to be one of the main causes of type 2 in people who are genetically predisposed to the disease.
Here is a list of the most common causes of diabetes:
- hereditary predisposition;
- high level of cholesterol in the blood;
- chronic high blood pressure;
- birth of a fetus weighing more than 4 kg;
- cardiovascular disease.
Useful tips that can help control and reduce symptoms
In the following sections, we will show you some working methods that can significantly neutralize all unpleasant diabetes symptoms. It’s important to remember that making some healthy changes in your daily lifestyle can be the key to reliable treatment for type 2 diabetes. In addition, we advise you to combine these beneficial practices with the regular intake of a powerful organic supplement, proven in effectiveness and properties.
Healthy Diet – Being diagnosed with diabetes does not mean that you should be on a carbohydrate-free diabetic diet. On the contrary, your daily menu should be varied.
Here are the most beneficial:
- Eat whole grain bread, vegetables, and fruits;
- Limit saturated fats and cholesterol, ie. animal origin;
- Eat more foods rich in unsaturated fats;
- Reduce salt in your meals;
- Avoid daily consumption of confectionery and sugary foods
- soft drinks (only drink if you have hypoglycemia);
- Cut down on drinking alcohol: remember that it also raises blood sugar levels.
- Physical activity: Weight control is part of the therapy of diabetes and therefore a balanced diet should be combined with regular exercise as it reduces stress, increases energy, and improves the general condition. Increased physical activity can strengthen the body and provide quality diabetes treatment. It also controls blood sugar levels by reducing insulin resistance as well as blood pressure and blood cholesterol levels. Check your blood sugar levels before and after exercise. Also, do not start exercising if your blood glucose is above 16 mmol/L or below 4 mmol/L. Always carry packets of sugar or rock candy to take with you in case of hypoglycemia. Remember to slowly warm up for 5-10 minutes before each workout, including stretching exercises. If you haven’t exercised in a while, start slowly and gradually increase the load. Drink more water during exercise.
- Disease control: Since different types of diabetes can cause infections and other diseases, it is appropriate to follow your diabetes treatment – insulin or antidiabetic. In addition, you need to remember that infections can lead to an increase in blood sugar levels. Drinking more fluids is recommended, especially if you have diarrhea – it’s important to avoid dehydration. If you have a fever or feel unwell for more than 24 hours, you must contact your doctor. You can also try a bio-based dietary supplement to neutralize the causes of diabetes.
Powerful Herbs Can Control Diabetes – List & Details
Most people who suffer from diabetes mellitus know that the medications available for this disease can relieve symptoms but at a cost. Many drugs tend to cause various unpleasant side effects and contraindications. That is why our team decided to create a special list of natural products that can help you get rid of diabetes symptoms without suffering any side effects. You can include the following herbs in your daily diabetic diet to improve your health and feel much better.
The list includes the following herbs:
- Ginseng – Scientists believe that this plant may provide a reliable and 100% natural treatment for type 2 diabetes as it effectively increases insulin production in the body. In addition, ginseng successfully lowers blood sugar levels after eating. However, you should remember that you should not combine the use of ginseng with drugs such as warfarin;
- Garlic – This popular organic product has numerous beneficial properties. The reason for this is its high concentration of allicin. This substance shows significant hypoglycemic activity. Garlic also has powerful cardioprotective and antimicrobial effects. You can consume it daily without any concerns.
- Blueberry – the fruit contains a large number of specific antioxidants called anthocyanins. They can strengthen the walls of blood vessels, thereby improving blood flow. In addition, blueberries can build up connective tissue due to the anthocyanins they contain. Because of this, this fruit is considered one of the best natural products to treat diabetes;
- Aloe Vera – very few people know that aloe vera can regulate blood sugar levels in addition to its skin-regenerating properties. The plant is rich in antioxidants that help restore and protect the beta cells in the pancreas. All this normalizes insulin production in the body;
- Fenugreek – There is scientific evidence that fenugreek seeds help lower blood sugar levels by slowing the breakdown and absorption of carbohydrates in the intestinal tract. This slows down the release of glucose into the blood and reduces the risk of a sudden increase in its concentration;
- Ginger – this popular herb is used in the traditional medicinal practice of different nations. It can significantly lower blood sugar levels. It can also lower insulin resistance in patients with type 2 diabetes;
- Rosemary – various medical professionals refer to it as a natural diabetes remedy due to its ability to maintain normal glucose and cholesterol levels. In addition, rosemary prevents cardiovascular diseases and excessive weight gain. It is believed to improve liver glycolysis and fatty acid oxidation.
In recent years, scientists have increasingly studied various herbs and supplements to see if they may be useful in treating and controlling blood sugar in diabetes. Such herbs and supplements can be extremely helpful for people with prediabetes or diabetes – especially type 2 diabetes. In this regard, we advise you to combine different extracts and consider which ones work best for you.
Blood sugar levels can be controlled – it’s up to you
Everyone knows that diabetes is a condition that is irreversible and affects blood sugar and insulin levels in the body. The best diabetes treatment includes lifestyle changes and medication. But some dietary supplements such as herbs and other natural products can also have a positive effect. In combination with conventional treatment, they relieve symptoms and reduce the risk of complications. They are particularly effective in people who are in a pre-diabetic state. This will maintain normal blood sugar levels and prevent the appearance of various unpleasant symptoms.